If you’ve ever wanted to listen to Hulk screaming into your earphones as you run, now’s your chance. Today, Marvel announced its new mobile fitness app Marvel Move, featuring immersive audio-based running routines featuring popular Marvel Comics characters.
Marvel Move is part of a collaboration with Six to Start, co-creator of the popular fitness app Zombies, Run!, in which users become the protagonists of an apocalyptic drama on the run from zombie gangs. According to Six to Start, the app currently has more than 10 million players worldwide.
Marvel’s fitness app works in a similar way, but this time there are five ongoing storylines for users to choose from:
- Thor & Loki: Asgard 5K Workout – Guided by Thor and Loki, users will receive 24 fully voiced workouts over eight weeks. The program is designed by experts to train you for a full 5K.
- X-Men: Age of ORCHIS – Listeners are recruited to team up with the X-Men in Krakoa, where they must take down the mutantkind. The audio story features characters like Wolverine, Storm, Jean Gray and more.
- The Hulk: Hulkville – Run from the authorities with Bruce and Betty Banner trying to hide Hulk from the world.
- Daredevil: Final Diploma – As new students at a prestigious law school, listeners meet Daredevil and help him bring down a dangerous criminal underworld.
- Doctor Strange and Scarlet Witch: In Dreams – An audio tour guide featuring Doctor Strange and Scarlet Witch where you need help escaping a place you’ve never visited.
Marvel and Six to Start claim that the workouts are for users of all skill levels. So you can choose to walk, jog, run or track your activity while in a wheelchair. With Marvel Move, users have full control over the time and distance of their runs, with the option to intensify or slow down their training.
Marvel Move will launch this summer on iOS and Android devices. It will be available through Six to Start’s forthcoming ZRX app and costs $74.99 per year. By comparison: Zombies, Run! currently costs $5.99 per month or $39.99 per year.
However, if users sign up for the $99 Marvel Move Founders Club, they get a two-year subscription to Marvel Move, a free month of Zombies, Run!, a free trial of Marvel Unlimited (comics subscription service), and invitations to private Q&A live streams.
“Marvel fans have a deep connection to the storylines in the comics, so we’re really excited for them to join our newer fans in new adventures with the characters they know and love,” said Ryan Penagos, Marvel vice president & creative executive, in a statement. “I started my own fitness journey with the Zombies, Run! training program years ago, and I can say with confidence that the Marvel Universe is in great hands to deliver an epic fitness adventure to our fans!”